Ideas for surviving a rough night (or day):
- Watch a documentary.
- Do yoga.
- Pet an animal.
- Talk to someone, even if it’s not in person.
- Go outside and stare at the stars for a bit.
- Cry it out, but don’t dwell on it after you’ve had a nice cry.
- Write in a journal.
- Draw something.
- Walk up and down the stairs a few times.
- Drink some water (always important).
- Take a shower.
- Read a book or a poem if you can focus.
- Organize your closet.
- Clean your desk.
- Smear paint on canvas. Bonus points for your favorite colors.
You are important, no matter how it feels sometimes. These are just things that help me. Feel free to try them. What matters is that you keep going. You’re okay. Breathe.