University of Mount Union, Alliance, OH—Bachelor’s Degree in Writing and French, 2019.
WRITING AND BLOGGING EXPERIENCE
Copy Intern for LearnVest, New York, New York—June 2018 – Aug. 2018
- Edited copy for FAQs, notifications, and documentation for internal apps
- Researched and pitched ideas for naming native apps, company intranet, and email newsletter that goes out to 10,000 people
- Accounted for all copy fields in end-to-end user flows, including multiple use cases
- Designed user testing for research and documented user reactions on prototypes for UX research
- Delivered presentations to team leadership and stakeholders from other teams
- Collaborated with interns from other teams on intern projects
Travel Writing Intern for Global Treks and Adventures—June 2018 – Sept. 2018
Traveled to Iceland to explore the southeastern part of the country and experience the culture, interviewed people for a Humans of New York-style project as well as a project on tourism and economics for a cultural travel guide.
Editorial Intern for Cleveland Magazine, Cleveland, OH—Aug. 2017 – Dec. 2018
Fact-checked various articles, conducted interviews, authored articles on a deadline. Writing for Cleveland Magazine, in addition to introducing me to the environment and pace of a regional magazine, vastly improved my time-management skills and confirmed that I can, in fact, work on a tight deadline.
Travel Blogger for Anderson Coach and Travel — Dec. 2016 – Apr. 2017
Traveled to New York City, Washington DC, and Virginia Beach, writing about my adventures along the way.
Book Reviewer/Interviewer for Alternating Current Press’s The Coil—Feb. 2018 – present
Reviewed various books and interviewed authors for Alternating Current Press’s literary magazine, The Coil.
Blogger for BookRenter—May 2016 – Sept. 2016
Wrote monthly blog posts for BookRenter for an audience of college students. These posts appeared both on BookRenter’s blog—which has since been removed—and their Facebook page.
Copy Editor for HIV on TV: Popular Culture’s Epidemic by Dr. Malynnda Johnson—2017
Worked with the author to clarify and prepare her work before it was sent to her publishers. Paid in sushi.
Radio Host for WRMU 91.1, University of Mount Union—Jan. 2018 – present
Reported the news and weather.
Host of The Scully Hour (a podcast)—Jan. 8, 2018 – present
Hosted, produced, and edited a podcast that focused on and analyzed Americana folklore.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE
Help Desk Analyst Intern, R&L Carriers, Wilmington, OH— May 2016 – Dec. 2016
Worked with customers as well as fellow R&L employees to solve problems as quickly and efficiently as possible. Answered phones. Occasionally helped set up hardware.
Digital, Written, and Oral Communication (DWOC) Studio Pre-Practice Intern and Technology Coordinator and Writing Consultant, University of Mount Union, Alliance, OH— Jan. 2016 – present
Jan. 2016 – May 2016
- Special projects involving brainstorming ideas to inform students about the softwares and technologies available to them, observed consultants, training in the conduct of DWOC consultants.
Aug. 17, 2016 – present
- Worked on special projects, including marketing the DWOC’s multimedia production lab, technology, and software to students. DWOC consultants also go through a training class.
PRESENTATIONS AND CONFERENCES
East Central Writing Centers Association (ECWCA) Conference hosted at University of Mount Union, Alliance, OH— Mar. 3 – 5, 2016
Helped organize and run the conference hosted at the University of Mount Union, provided technical support, presented in a roundtable discussion.
Presentation on Multimodal Assignments for Faculty Members, University of Mount Union, Alliance, OH— May 11, 2016
Worked on a team to develop rubrics and gather and present information on technologies, softwares, and other resources available at the University of Mount Union in order to demonstrate simple ways for professors to make assignments collaborative and/or multimodal. One of my speaking assignments was used as an example for how instructors could assign multimodal speaking projects.